Restoration depends on finding simple ways of recreating an antique finish in colour and appearance.
Click below to learn about:
- Choosing the right shellac polish
- Choosing the right wax polish
- Cleaning old woodwork ready for re-waxing
- Creating a longer lasting oil finish on kitchen worktops
- How to choose compatible stains & polishes
- How to fill holes
- How to finish pale timbers like maple, beech, or sycamore
- How to use grainfillers
- Making new pine look old
- Matching new wood to existing pine
- Polishing wood the easy way
- Producing a harder wearing wax polish finish
- Producing a high gloss finish on tables & work surfaces
- Protecting against shrinkage
- Quickly removing old paint & varnish
FREE standard delivery on orders over £100 (before VAT) More details...
Wood finishing advice for...
- Antique Restoration
- Boat Interiors
- Creating Pastel Shades
- Environmentally Friendly Finishes
- Wooden Floor Finishes
- Wooden Floor Finishing - Advice & Products
- French Polishing
- Furniture Making
- Hobby Woodworking
- Home Maintenance
- Interior Design
- Kitchen & Bathroom
- Pine Furniture
- Property Renovation
- Useful Website Links
Ask the Experts
with Mark Finney
Call us:01246 261664
Where we recommend a product for you to use, you can rest assured that it is the very best of its type. Our reputation depends on it.
Established over 20 years our background in timber technology, fine furniture & polishing ensures you get the very best advice.
Please sign up below to receive occasional product news and wood finishing advice from Mark Finney.