Our Terms & Conditions
Post & Packing Rate:
- All wood finishing orders dispatched to England and Wales, and over £100 before VAT, are delivered Free of charge.
- Order value (before VAT and carriage) up to £100: £8.40 + VAT
- If you would like to order small quantities of non flammable / non hazardous products such as Shellac Flake, Vandyke Crystals, Cloths, Abrasives, or brushes - please phone 01246 261664 and ask for rates as these items can usually be sent at a lower cost by normal post.
We deliver to anywhere in the UK mainland. Please ask for rates to Scottish Highlands, Isle of Wight & other islands. £6 surcharge to Scottish postcodes and EX, PL, TQ, TR.
Where flammable items are included on an order, the P&P will cost £8.40 before VAT. Bleaches, strippers and dangerous goods carry a £10 surcharge.
Please contact us for further information about the delivery price of your order.
Conditions of Sale
Terms & Conditions are set out below. These do not supersede your statutory rights under the Sale of Goods acts but are designed to clarify the principles and procedures by which we operate.
- Products: All information and advice supplied in catalogues, leaflets, labels or verbally, is given in good faith. The applications of our products is not an exact science. It is always advisable to test the products on a similar surface or hidden area to check the compatibility and end result before completing the job.
- Liability: Since our company has no control over application and conditions we can accept no responsibility for the performance of any product arising from such use beyond the value of any goods despatched by us. All health and safety information on product labels must be read and followed prior to use.
- Value Added Tax (VAT): Prices shown are exclusive of VAT
- Formation of contract: A binding contract between us will come into existence when we accept your order. In the case of an order placed on-line the acceptance will be sent by return mail. In the case of faxed orders acceptance will be sent by fax. Orders by post will not be acknowledged by post unless requested to do so.
- Cancellation of contract:
By Customer: If we have not processed your order at the time of cancellation, no charges will be incurred. If the goods have been despatched, then the return and refund clause applies.
By Finneys: We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if any of the following reasons apply:
If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by email and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of our order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for any other reason.
- We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered;
- We are unable to deliver to your area;
- One of more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers
- Despatch & Carriage: We aim to despatch, if the goods are in stock, within 2 working days of receipt of order, if for any reason we are not able to despatch within 4 working days we will contact you to advise the actual situation (provided that contact information has been given) and take instructions from you on how you would prefer us to proceed. Finneys cannot be held responsible for costs incurred by either late or non delivery of goods by causes deemed to be beyond their control. The final price quoted on the payments page is the price of the goods including delivery to the stated destination. These charges include carriage in the UK by Royal Mail, or road carrier.
- Damage & Loss in Transit: Sometimes, unfortunately, goods do get lost or damaged in transit. If this happens with your shipment, please advise us and we will supply replacement goods as quickly as we can. However, we need your help in recovering our costs from the carrier. If you do receive damaged goods, please retain all relevant documentation so that an insurance claim can be made against the carrier's insurers. If you receive a battered parcel, note the fact on the delivery note, even before you open the package to examine the contents. If you are unable to open the damaged package in the presence of the carrier, make sure that you sign for it as "Damaged package; goods not yet inspected" or similar to warn the carrier that a claim may be forthcoming. Whatever the circumstances, please contact us by email or telephone with as much detail of the damage or loss as you can provide, as soon after delivery as possible, so that we can arrange replacement goods and start following up the carriers. Please do not return damaged goods, until requested to do so as additional costs may be incurred.
- Orders & Payment: By email (include your telephone number so that payment details can be verified over the telephone), by telephone or by post. Cheques for the correct amount should be made payable to M D Finney.
- Returns, and Refunds: Goods, which are returned under complaint or for exchange etc. should be returned to us carriage-paid. Where goods are undamaged a handling charge of 10% will be incurred. Please note that refunds will normally be made using the same method as the original payment. (i.e.: a credit card purchase will be refunded through your credit card account). In all cases we endeavour to make any refunds due within five working days of the receipt of returned goods. UK clients are advised that the EU Directive on Distance Selling as incorporated into UK law by The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 requires the provision of a consumer's right to cancel a contract, without giving reason, within seven days of receipt of goods. You should also be aware that this Act requires that returned goods are in saleable condition and that any seals on containers of finishing products, remain unbroken.
- Payment & Retention of Title: Under normal circumstances, goods must be paid for prior to despatch. If, for any reason, goods are shipped prior to clearance of payments, title in the goods shipped remains with M D Finney until payment, in full for the goods, is received by us.
- Complaints Procedure: In any cases where you wish to notify us that our service fails to meet acceptable standards, if you return goods under warranty or if you raise any other queries under any of the paragraphs above, or indeed for any other reason, then we ask that you do so initially by email. We aim to respond to any such email messages within one working day, excluding weekends/holidays.
- Legal: Contracts shall be governed and interpreted exclusively according to the Law of England and shall be subject to the English Courts only.
About this site
- Limitation of Liability
|1.1||Finneys is providing this site on an 'as is' basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with
respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties. In addition, Finneys makes
no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information and
related graphics published in this site. The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or
typographical errors. All liability of Finneys howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly
excluded to the fullest extend permitted by law.|
|1.2||Neither Finneys nor any of its partners, employees or other representatives will be
liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of
liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or
consequential damanges, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.|
|1.3||Notwithstanding the foregoing, none of the exclusions and limitations in the clause are
intended to limit any rights you may have as a consumer under local law or other statutory rights which may not be
excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit Finneys liability to you for death or personal injury resulting from
our negligence or that of our employees or agents.|
All trade marks, brand names, product names, concepts, systems, Intellectual property, titles and copyrights used in this
site are trade marks, brand names, product names, concepts, systems, Intellectual property, titles and copyrights of their
respective holders. No permission is given by Finneys in respect of the use of any of them and such use may constitute an
infringement of the holder's rights.
explains how we use the information we collect about you, how you can instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information and procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy.|
|3.2||The information we collect and how we use it|
- When you register for our service we need to know your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone
number and credit card details.
- We gather this information to allow us to process your registration and process any orders you may make. The relevant
information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to provide you with statements of your account and to
communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your account and the provision of the service in general.
- We may also aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us
develop the website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will
not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
- From time to time we may provide your information to our customer services agencies for research and analysis purposes
so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide. We or our agents and sub-contractors may contact you by post,
email or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our services.
- We may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our website or any other services or products we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please contact us
- We may also want to provide you with related information from third parties we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please contact us
- We may also provide your information to carefully selected third parties whose products or services we believe may be
of interest to you. If you do not wish to disclose your information in this way, please contact us.
- How we protect your information
We have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. The server is protected by a firewall and where
appropriate the web pages are secured by secure server certification. Information is collected on this website only during
the order placement process and solely for the purpose of allowing us to complete the supply of the requested goods, to
keep you informed of the progress of your order and updating you from time to time with product information or sales offers.
We undertake to exercise all reasonable precautions to keep information supplied to us by customers strictly confidential.
If you do not wish us to keep this information about yourself please inform us in writing, which you may do by using this link.
Information supplied to us may be stored on a computer system for our convenience, but will not be supplied to any outside
The internal procedures of Finneys cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
- Sale of Business
If this business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any
prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
- Updating your details
If any of the information that you have provided to Finneys changes, for example if you change your email address, name or payment details or if you wish to cancel your registration, please contact us.
- Your consent
By submitting your information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy. If we change our
may be aware of the information we collect and how we use it at all times. We will also email you should we make any
changes so that you may consent to our use of your information in that way. Continued use of the service will signify
that you agree to any such changes. Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, the information you
provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections
in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to
try to improve the security of your information. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.
- How to contact Finneys
comments please contact us.
M D Finney Woodfinishing Materials also referred to as Finney’s Wood Finishes or Finney’s or Finneys is a partnership of Mark & Sue Finney.